Want to know the five things you can do RIGHT NOW to recover from any chronic condition that your doctor can't tell? Subscribe and get my report immediately!
I’m so glad you want to know more about me and my work but first, let me ask you:
• Are you overwhelmed at the prospect of managing your chronic dis-ease?
• Have you tried “everything” to get better but you’re still not where you want to be?
• Do you long to reclaim the energy you spend puzzling over your health?
Here, you are in good company.
Since 2005, I’ve helped many people like you kickstart their healing processes, and now they are free to focus on what makes them happy.
My clients are:
• Tired of hitting walls when they go to the doctor.
• Unwilling to depend on medication for the rest of their lives.
• Making nutrition and lifestyle modification their allies in recovery from autoimmune and/or digestive dis-ease — whether it’s been diagnosed or not.
• Taking the reigns in their own health
Not sure if you belong here?
There are some symptoms that every person who suffers from a chronic autoimmune and/or digestive dis-ease experiences. The symptoms may vary on duration and intensity over time, but a version of them is bound to be present.
These symptoms include:
• Low energy, fatigue, brain fogginess.
• Food allergies and/or intolerances; environmental allergies.
• Digestive symptoms: diarrhea, constipation or both; acid reflux; belching; pain on different segments of the digestive system; difficult digestion.
• Skin issues: eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc.
• Psychologic symptoms: depression, anxiety, ADD/ADHD, substance abuse.
• Thinking obsessively about food; never being at peace with it, no matter what you’re eating.
Does that ring true to you?
If you’re like, yeah that makes sense, but I’m not 100% convinced you can help me…
If you’re like, ohmygod, how did you get in my head!
is a lifestyle answer to the modern challenges of chronic autoimmune and digestive dis-ease. It is a functional, all-encompassing approach based on the concept of bio-individuality.
In other words, there is no one “right diet” that works for everyone. You are one-of-a-kind and so will be your recovery from chronic dis-ease. Together we will work up your unique “healing recipe” that encompases:
• A bio-individual therapeutic diet — the fertile ground in which all other healing efforts can take root.
• Rest and stress management.
• Physical activity and emotional release.
• Supplementation and alternative therapies.
My mission is to help you feel great in your physical body so that you can focus on living the life you want.
I am a health concierge of sorts — a combination of nutritionist, coach, teacher and chef. I vet GOOD science and translate it into a customized daily practice for you. Think of me as a project manager. The project? YOUR health recovery.
My tools are simple: nutrition and lifestyle modification. I’ve taught, coached, cooked, lived and breathed these principles since 2005.
It all started with my own struggle. For about 3 years I suffered with what I thought was a chronic sinus infection. The pain was so bad at times that I couldn’t work, study or even sleep.
I spent a lot of time and money trying to figure out what in heaven was wrong with me. Doctors, acupuncturists, medication, herbs, supplements… you name it.
After lots of reading, talking to my health-conscious friends and experimenting with my diet, I finally figured out that my so-called “chronic sinus infection” was nothing more than an acute food intolerance. I made ONE change in my diet and as a result I was pain-free in 3 days. Yes! That’s absolutely true.
That’s when I understood the incredible power of nutrition. Learning how to eat what my body really wants and needs transformed my life. And that’s what I want to help you accomplish.
Here are seven random things about me:
• I broke my left front tooth in half when I was nine or so.
• I was 18 when I had a motorcycle accident with my first boyfriend.
• I wore makeup for the first time when I was 20.
• I ended up in the U.S. because of a broken finger.
• I never cooked until I lived by myself, at 24.
• I am originally from Bogota, Colombia. I now call New York City home.
• The three things I enjoy most at the moment are cooking
while I listen to podcasts, exerting my body with different kinds of movement, and the third one… well, I’m going to leave that up to your imagination 😉
- The School of Applied Functional Medicine — Core 101 program
- International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching — National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition — Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
- GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) Practitioner Training Program — Certified GAPS Practitioner
- Medical Intuition Training Program with Dr. Mona Lisa Schultz.
- Healing from the Inside Out Training Program with Dr. Thomas Cowan.
I look forward to getting to know you better in the online world and sometime, I hope, in the real one. If you want to hang out with me (I hope you do!) please subscribe to the list.